Practical Teachings for a Healthy, Prosperous and Meaningful Life
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God and helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
A positive alternative to negative religion, Unity seeks to apply the teachings of Jesus as well as other spiritual masters. Unity affirms the power of prayer and helps people experience a stronger connection with God every day.
Unity emphasizes the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help people live more abundant and meaningful lives. The Unity movement also provides free 24/7 prayer support (called Silent Unity®); publishes books, magazines (including Daily Word), podcasts, and CDs; has ministries throughout the world, and sponsors full-service websites at unity.org, unityenlinea.org, dailyword.com, unityworldwide.media, unityonlineradio.org, and unityvillage.org.
Although personal and spiritual growth come from within, most people appreciate learning, friendships, support and companionship along the way. Unity is committed to helping you find your way to your own understanding—and experience—of God.
Our Five Basic Principles
We encourage you to explore and apply Unity teachings based on your own spiritual understanding. We believe this spiritual understanding is enhanced through reflective prayer and meditation. The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
1. God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
2. We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
3. We create our life experiences through our way of thinking
4. There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
5. Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
This lecture series will be multi-media and a light lunch will be provided.